[NSRCA-discussion] A123 Batteries?

Keith Hoard khoard at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 18:22:17 AKDT 2008

I love 'em.  I buy the 2-cell 1100 Mah VPX packs from Wal-Mart and strip out
the cells.

Then I wire them up with 20-gauge Futaba connector, using the white wire for
the Node-1 tap.  I charge them after every flight with the FMA CellPro
charger.

On my 50cc airplane, I'm using two packs unregulated in parallel plugged
directly into the 6014 receiver, and another pack unregulated on the
igntion.

On my pattern plane, I'm using one pack unregulated - no problems
whatsoever.

--

Keith Hoard
Collierville, TN