[NSRCA-discussion] Advice on battery checkers

Jay Marshall lightfoot at sc.rr.com
Fri Sep 5 11:23:27 AKDT 2008

Whether you use a digital or analog, you should always check under a load.

A (good) digital meter will give accurate and repeatable readings while a
ESV will make it easier to "see" quick drops due to bad servos or heavy
loads when you move the controls (the digital meter will integrate the
samples). For these reasons I like the 'Voltwatch' but you have to have one
set to the correct voltage range. Techniques to do this are on the 'net.

Jay Marshall