[NSRCA-discussion] Advice on battery checkers

Gray E Fowler gfowler at raytheon.com
Fri Sep 5 10:16:07 AKDT 2008

Since it appears my new plane crash was due to a "new" battery failure or
some kind of high drain, it is time to get back into the habit of checking
the stinkin' batteries before every flight. This is a habit I had early
on, but 8 years in pattern and no battery problems made me lazy. I used to
have that cheapo $19.95 hobbico Expanded Volatge reader or some such, but
what is out there that I really should be using for my new $2000+
airplane?   Please let me know what you guys think!

Gray Fowler
Senior Principal Chemical Engineer
Radomes and Specialty Apertures
Technical Staff Composites Engineering