[NSRCA-discussion] couple questions

Verne Koester verne at twmi.rr.com
Tue Oct 28 20:50:34 AKDT 2008

Jason,
If you just want to drop the high and low w/o applying any FAI mandates, 3
is enough. We used to do that years ago in my area years ago to counter some
regional bias that was occurring at the time. We took a good look at the
results and found that 2 of the 3 judges gave the same score well over 90%
of the time. Dropping the high and low made one of those scores count. For
everyone who's gearing up to argue this all the way to November 4th, don't
bother. I know all the pros and cons. It took care of a problem we had when
most of our US Team was still in diapers. Fortunately, it's not a problem
anymore and we rarely have enough contestant judges to put 3 out there at a
time anyway. Nonetheless, it was still interesting to compare back then and
also pointed out who was cheating (to no avail).

Verne