[NSRCA-discussion] YS newbie questions

vicenterc at comcast.net vicenterc at comcast.net
Fri Oct 24 15:42:34 AKDT 2008

Check the valve gap after 1-2 gallons following the instructions.

Good luck,

--
Vicente "Vince" Bortone

From: "Ed Alt" <ed_alt at hotmail.com>

I've finally done it.  I've crossed to the dark side and ordered a YS 170 DZ.  The coming availability of the CDI conversion promises to resolve most of the objections that held me back before.  But now come the questions.

Exhaust: I guess you buy the Hatori 821 and call it a day?  Any special mounting tips?

Engine mount: I've heard a little bit about an isolation mount that YS makes, but it's pricey.  What, if anything does this buy you as compared to a Hyde / Budd mount solution?

Fuel:  What's the real deal with the oil?  Not the percentage, because I know that's being experimented with, but what oil does this engine require in the fuel?

Maintenance:  I'ev heard that prior to the first run, you need to take the head cover off and oil up the lifters.  True?  What kind of oil, how much etc?  What about after run?  None needed?  What other maintenance tips are there to keep this beast going?

Break In:  What prop?  Lower the nitro?  Follow the instructions or is there a better way?

After break in:  What props are being used and what kind of R's are to be expected if say, 20% nitro is used?

Well, that's it for now.  Any guidance here is much appreciated.

Thanks!
Ed