[NSRCA-discussion] Alphabet soup

John Pavlick jpavlick at idseng.com
Thu Oct 23 09:45:58 AKDT 2008

Oops sorry Matt. I forgot you weren't a Futaba guy. Here's a simple explanation:
The 9Z was never offered on 2.4, just 72 and 50. The 9C was available on all of these plus 75. These were both discontinued recently and replaced by the 14Mz, 12Z, 12Fg and now the 10C. These are all available on 2.4, 72, 50 and I believe 75 as well. While only the high end systems (not the 10C) have G3 2048-bit PCM as an option, all of the latest offerings also support 1024-bit PCM and 2048-bit FASST 2.4 formats as well as standard 8-channel PPM (analog) encoding. While you can't have G3 2048-bit PCM encoding on the older (9C and 9Z) it is possible to upgrade them to 2.4. Simple. I just wasn't sure about the module compatibility. THAT's the confusing part! LOL

John Pavlick