[NSRCA-discussion] D7 List issues

Tom Simes simestd at netexpress.com
Wed Oct 22 23:21:18 AKDT 2008

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 20:38:38 -0700 (PDT)
krishlan fitzsimmons <homeremodeling2003 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Who runs the separate lists? Or are they all the same as this one?
> About 2 months ago I quit getting emails from the D7 list. And I also
> can't post to it.

This past spring I offered to migrate the old district lists over to
the same system that has been hosting the main nsrca-discussion list
for a couple years.  The main reason was so that people could use one
interface to manage their various NSRCA list subscriptions as well as
having a single point of contact for list issues.  When we changed
platforms, I migrated all the old active mailing lists over including
their subscribed users.  I announced the changes on the main list and
left forwards in place on the old list addresses to give folks time to
update their address books and such.  Early this fall a couple folks
were complaining about duplicate list messages and the cause was a
few list threads which included both the new and old lists as
recipients and things snowballed a bit.  Since the old list forwards
were doing more harm than good I removed them.

For a complete list of all the public NSRCA lists, you can visit

http://lists.nsrca.org/

>From there you can follow the individual list links to sign up, get a
password reminder, unsubscribe or whatever.  The server is also
configured to e-mail your password and list membership info to everyone
once a month.

Of course if you're having problems, I'm always glad to help so don't
be afraid to ask.

There are A LOT of unsung volunteers that make this organization and
community run and I appreciate the opportunity to give something back
to this sport.

Besides, the lists are a great mix of good technical info and daily
humor therapy :)

Oh, to answer the original question that inspired this thesus, Chris
was just sending to the old D7 list address and is now all squared away.

Tom

   "Z-80 system stack overflow.  Shut 'er down Scotty, the system's

Tom Simes                                       simestd at netexpress.com