[NSRCA-discussion] Park Flier suppliment

J N Hiller jnhiller at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 10 09:24:55 AKDT 2008

Good morning all. Thanks for the input.
I am reviewing your replies this morning and appreciate the help. I don't
want to give up on the AMA 2 pound 'Park Flier' but I probably have room to
fly a larger / faster airplane. My park is a triangle about 150M on a side.
Enter these coordinates 47.7647,-117.395149 in http://maps.google.com/ for
an aerial view.
I really want an outside airplane as I plan to just walk to the park with a
couple batteries in my pocket when I get a nice day and work on inverted
rudder commands. I am getting it wrong most of the time and the flight
deteriorates badly.
I had no idea that the batteries would actually cool excessively while in
use in cold weather and need to be insulated.
My flying buddy who is now learning the advanced schedule has a Brio and
speaks highly of it. I will have him bring it in when he is in town and try
it out. My local hobby shop owner has a ParkZone Typhoon2 3D RTF, which I
also want to try. Has anyone flown pattern with the ParkZone Typhoon?
Thanks
Jim Hiller