[NSRCA-discussion] 2008 Season wrap-up

Matthew Frederick mjfrederick at cox.net
Sun Nov 30 18:23:13 AKST 2008

Let's see... My year in review goes something like this: After about 10 flights on my genesis in March, I lost radio contact 1 minute into flight 11, Genesis committed Genecide. Worked my butt off most of the season trying to get my Quest going, but it didn't look like it was going to happen this year, so with 2 contests left in the season I purchased a Patriot 3D. Made it to the final two contests, the first of which was attended with only one flight on the Patriot. Oh, throw in a major hurricane, two weeks without power, and having to rebuild the canopy at our field. This will definitely be a year to forget.

Total flights:
Genesis - 11.1
Patriot 3D- 25
Quest - Not yet, but the year ain't over

Prognosis for next year: Not great, I think I'll be moving up to Advanced.

Matt