[NSRCA-discussion] 2008 Season wrap-up

Earl Haury ejhaury at comcast.net
Sun Nov 30 09:39:48 AKST 2008

You guys got me interested in counting this year's flights. "Nats" airplane 193, all Hacker C50-14 Comp, "local" airplane 482 & counting, first 297 with Hacker (have 3 Hacker motors over 1250 total - 1 rotor replaced), the last 195 have been with Neu 1515-2Y motor. Clean & grease gears @ 100 flight intervals - no gear problems. All '08 with FlightPower F3A 5350's, no failures and typically 160 useful flights / pack . Servos look good basis measurements with AeroPerfect inclinometer after 500 flights.

Before you ask - I don't know if the Neu motor will be available or not. It's a very cool running motor with excellent mid-range power and throttle response, draws 10A or so more than the Hacker C50-14 with the same props (EagleTree in-flight data). More difficult to service - similar to the standard Hacker C50, grease can be added through the hollow prop shaft and may be OK as the planet gear bearings are larger than the Hacker. Certainly an excellent motor and hopefully will be available at some point.

Earl

Team FlightPower