[NSRCA-discussion] 2008 Season wrap-up

James Oddino joddino at socal.rr.com
Sun Nov 30 07:51:59 AKST 2008

I'm not finished yet but I'm only at 259 flights this year.  Twenty
flights were testing my new 14MZ and 2.4GHz modules in January, and
the rest were with my Abbra.  All electric powered.  I did change the
motor, a DualSky 6360, at flight 422 on the Abbra, thinking the
bearings were getting noisey but they really didn't need to be
changed.  I'm now at 493 flights and I think I'm on my fourth set of
wheels.  I also tightened the rudder cables once.  I'm constantly
tweaking the transmitter as there isn't much to do on the plane.
I only got to three contests all late in the year, but I did see
improvement in my flying after watching and listening.  Practicing
alone will not get it done.

Jim O