[NSRCA-discussion] DF Wing tube for Integral

Verne Koester verne at twmi.rr.com
Mon Nov 17 20:50:54 AKST 2008

Hi Ed,
I've already done what you're doing. The tube and socket set is a PBG and I copied the following from their web site:

F3A Lightwall 30mm    PBG36TS   30mm x 600mm - Tube & Socket

Make sure you get both the tube and socket. The socket in the Integral is supposed to be 30mm but it's actually a little larger to accommodate the tube that comes with the kit. You'll have to cut the socket out of the fuse and replace it with the PBG. It's a lot easier than it looks. I used a cut-off wheel on my dremel and cut the old socket out by placing the cut-off wheel inside the socket just beyond the plywood donut that's bonded to each side of the inside of the fuse. Then I used a sanding drum to sand off the little section of socket that was still bonded to the inside of the plywood support donut. Took about twenty minutes. I left the donut in place and bonded the new socket to it with the new wings attached and everything lined up. I got my original last year straight from PBG. Desert Aircraft had some this year and I bought my second one from them. Radio South and some other dealers also sell PBG tubes and sockets but I don't know if they stock the 30mm as it's an unusual size. The part number I gave you is a special thin-walled, very light set designed for our purposes. Don't use anything other than a cut-off wheel to cut it as it splinters real easy which I discovered in the usual way.  Hope this helps.

Verne Koester