[NSRCA-discussion] Futaba 8-channel 2.4 GHz Module/Receiver

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Mon Nov 10 15:19:48 AKST 2008

I tried one of the Futaba 8-channel module/receiver combinations on
2.4 GHz with my Futaba 9ZAP transmitter.  The instructions are
somewhat misleading, at least they are to me .  The instructions
talked about pushing the button on the module and then pushing the
button on the receiver.  The receiver is supposed to bind to the
transmitter.  The question is what indication you get when the
receiver is bound to the transmitter.  I thought (they don't say what
to look for) I'd see the green LED go from a blinking green to solid
green.  That didn't happen and I tried it half a dozen times.  Then,
on a whim, I plugged a servo into the receiver before pushing the
receiver button.  Low and behold, the LED turned solid green.  Later
in the instructions they talk about range checking and say, "After
the radio link has been established (as indicated by either a solid
green LED or a blinking green LED), ....."  Huh?!  EITHER solid or
blinking green is OK?  Now I'm really confused.

Ron Van Putte