[NSRCA-discussion] 2009 AMA rules proposal survey

John Konneker jlkonn at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 7 08:25:01 AKST 2008

As you all know the new AMA rule cycle begins January 1.  Although a two year process, basic rules change proposals must be submitted by Sept. 30 of year 1.In the past a poll has been deveolped to give all pattern flyers who are AMA membersan oppourtunity to present ideas, gauge interest and prepare them as possible formalrules change proposals.  I have volunteered to help generate this year's survey but time is shortand I need your help.  We need to cast as broad a net as possible to ensure we contactas many active pattern flyers as possible.  Posting a thread on RCU, Flying Giants, RC Groups plusnotices in Model Aviation and the K-Factor come to mind.  Once we allow a reasonable time for the
suggestions to be submitted they will be reviewed, the poll prepared and published in the K-Factor as
well as nsrca.us website.  At that point they will be voted on.   We willuse the results to deveolp the proposals.  The ideas we need aren't "the snap/spin rules stink; yes or no"?
or "somethings gotta be done about such and such"!  The submissions must be in the form of a
choice of specific alternatives to a rule, or a situation the member wouldlike to see improved or changed.  Will you help me?
Now is your chance to help make pattern better!I am attaching the most recent survey from 2005.  The formal rules change procedure is here http://www.modelaircraft.org/events/rulebooks/0708General.pdfbeginning on page 4 of this AMA document.Thank you!John L. Konneker