[NSRCA-discussion] Battery puffing question?

Verne Koester verne at twmi.rr.com
Sat Nov 1 15:17:23 AKDT 2008

Stuart,
I've had cells puff with the pack just sitting on the bench. In one case,
the pack was brand new and I hadn't even soldered a connector to it yet. I
checked the voltage and it was about 19.5v on a 5-cell,. Another time was my
fault when I left a pack fully charged for about a month because of lousy
weather at the end of last season. The manufacturer replaced both of those
packs at no charge.

In any event, with what Anthony described, I don't think I'd tempt fate by
putting a charger on it.

Verne Koester