[NSRCA-discussion] Charging lipo receiver packs in the plane

vicenterc at comcast.net vicenterc at comcast.net
Thu May 29 09:58:59 AKDT 2008

I am using exactly the same procedure.  I charge and keep the batteries in a lipo-sack.  You will discover that you could use one battery for many planes reducing the number of batteries you need to maintain.  The lipos are so light that I am installing and additional back up battery.  I am using two 910 mah.  For the electric planes you could use half of that capacity.

--
Vicente "Vince" Bortone

From: Terrence Walker <tewalker10 at yahoo.com>

Jeff,

I went with 2-cell Lipo for my receiver like you did. I'm new to this battery technology so I did a lot of research and I came up with the following to avoid any horror stories.

1. I use a combined charger/balancer for my Lipos
2. I pull the Lipos out of the plane while charging (I have them velcroed in and they are easy
    to get to).
3. I store the Lipos outside of the plane in a safe place when I am not using them.

This system is not perfect, but it is the best that I could come up with.

I hope that this helps,

Terry

Jeff Hill <jh102649 at speakeasy.net> wrote:
Is it ok to charge one's lipo receiver pack in the aircraft? Is
balancing required for a 2s receiver pack? Any horror stories out there?

TIA
Jeff Hill