[NSRCA-discussion] Desperate

John Konneker jlkonn at hotmail.com
Wed May 28 16:58:32 AKDT 2008

Arch,
How loose were yours?  I just took the motor off the mount and checked them.  I was able to snug them up.  They weren't falling out loose but they weren't tight/tight either.  The engine is on a FocusII.  You know how the cheek cowls are like on a French CAP aerobatic plane?  I have the rear of those opened up.  I get residue coming out of that on the exhaust side and the inside of the cowl on that side is wet too.  The firewall is wet but again only on that side.  It would seem the stuff is coming out too high up to be the injector or exhaust flange but so far all my guesses have been wrong.  I'm still batting 1,000.
JLK

From: astafford at swtexas.netTo: nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.orgDate: Wed, 28 May 2008 19:35:18 -0500Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] Desperate

John,

Check the backplate bolts.  I had similar symptoms and it was raw fuel coming out of the backplate.  The motor still runs fine because it doesn’t depend on pressure for fuel delivery.  Check all 4 of the bolts on the backplate,

Arch

From: nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org [mailto:nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org] On Behalf Of John KonnekerSent: Wednesday, May 28, 2008 7:22 PMTo: General pattern discussionSubject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] Desperate

Jason,I'll try to track that down.  It seems that it's confined to the exhaust side.  Very clear residue.  Exhaust...?  Raw fuel..?Man I just don't know...JLK

From: jshulman at cfl.rr.comTo: nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.orgDate: Wed, 28 May 2008 20:11:43 -0400Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] Desperate

What about the o-rings around the valves

Regards,Jasonwww.jasonshulman.comwww.shulmanaviation.comwww.composite-arf.com
-----Original Message-----From: nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org [mailto:nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org]On Behalf Of John KonnekerSent: Wednesday, May 28, 2008 8:04 PMTo: Discussion ListSubject: [NSRCA-discussion] Desperate
I have a bad fuel/exhaust leak on my YS 1.60.  It started just before my NMP header split but continued after replacing with a Hatori header and 821 muffler.  I'm getting pretty desperate trying to find it.  I have replaced all the fuel lines.  I have snugged up the flange that screws in to the head.  I have retightened the header flange.  I have checked the valve cover gasket.  I have checked the head bolts but it still leaks.  I consider the leak bad enough that if I don't get it fixed by tomorrow I will have to miss my second contest in a row because of it.  It really soaks the inside of the engine compartment on the left (exhause) side.  Bad enough that when I run my finger down the firewall it is wet with oil.  The engine mount beams on the bottom sides are almost dripping.  Any thoughts?Thanks!JLK