[NSRCA-discussion] Desperate

vicenterc at comcast.net vicenterc at comcast.net
Wed May 28 16:41:42 AKDT 2008

I had the same problem when I installed the Hatori muffler first time.  Make sure that the header is perfectly aligned with the muffler.  Also, make sure that the ring around the header in the muffler side do not touch the o-ring in the muffler.  The problem could be that the ring touch the muffler and that causes the leak.  Very difficult to see when running but it happens.

I hope that this take care of the problem.  We don't want to miss you at the MoKan patter contest.

Good luck,

--
Vicente "Vince" Bortone

From: John Konneker <jlkonn at hotmail.com>
I have a bad fuel/exhaust leak on my YS 1.60.  It started just before my NMP header split but continued after replacing with
a Hatori header and 821 muffler.  I'm getting pretty desperate trying to find it.  I have replaced all the fuel lines.  I have snugged up
the flange that screws in to the head.  I have retightened the header flange.  I have checked the valve cover gasket.  I have checked
the head bolts but it still leaks.  I consider the leak bad enough that if I don't get it fixed by tomorrow I will have to miss my second contest in a row because of it.  It really soaks the inside of the engine compartment on the left (exhause) side.  Bad enough that when I run my finger down the firewall it is wet with oil.  The engine mount beams on the bottom sides are almost dripping.
Any thoughts?
Thanks!
JLK