[NSRCA-discussion] Sanding Dowels

Budd Engineering jerry at buddengineering.com
Sat May 24 15:15:40 AKDT 2008

Hi all,

Some years back I purchased some "sanding dowels" from the LHS, IIRC
they were from Ace R/C.  They were an assortment of dowels ~6" long
with diameters ranging from 3/16" to 1/2", coated with various grits
ranging from fine to coarse, and tapered to a point on one end.

They were great for carefully opening up a small hole in balsa or
glass while keeping the hole round; sort of a cross between a tapered
reamer and a sanding block.  Of course, after a lot of use they would
wear out, which brings me to my question:

Does anybody know where to find these?  The closest I have found on
the net is:  http://tinyurl.com/4kn66t  but they are pretty small in
diameter.

Thx, Jerry

Budd Engineering