[NSRCA-discussion] Diamante 25e

Dave DaveL322 at comcast.net
Fri May 23 12:13:55 AKDT 2008

Jeff,

I flew mine a fair bit this winter for pattern practice.  Gets through the
F09 pretty nicely for a little ship.

Eflite Power 32
TP 4s2p4200 Prolite
Castle Phoenix 45
Castle BEC @ 6.5 volts
APC 13x6.5
3421sa servos all surfaces

About 60 amps, 840 watts, and I believe about 3.75 lbs.  It is ballistic.  I
am not using the spinner, and have had no problems with heat on 80F days.
Wouldn't hurt to run the Phoenix 80 (1 oz more)

I added a tiny bit more right thrust, and have a little bit of rud>ail to
kill the adverse roll, and little bit of rud>ele to fix the pitch to the
belly.  Mix percentages are fairly small.  The linkages are setup for 3D -
you may want to use longer control horn studs/bolts if your only goal is
pattern.  Do reinforce the landing gear mount area - it will come apart with
hard landings or flying at grass fields.

Regards,

Dave Lockhart, Team JR, Team Castle
DaveL322 at comcast.net