[NSRCA-discussion] Accident

JEREMY CHINN lagrue at hotmail.com
Fri May 9 11:26:36 AKDT 2008

We had a similar accident at our field last year with a Heli flyer. Threw his hand out to stop the heli coming at him and the blades severed approximately half of his hand just below the webs of his fingers... Quick thinking by fellow club members got him to the doctor in time to have everything successfully reattached.

Fly Safe!

From: lightfoot at sc.rr.comTo: nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.orgDate: Fri, 9 May 2008 07:49:59 -0400Subject: [NSRCA-discussion] Accident

Had a bad accident at out club field this week. One of the flyers was cranking a big gasser with a 24in CF prop. When the engine started the tie-down came loose and he instinctively put out his hand to stop it the plane. It completely severed his thumb and badly mangled his index finger. Fortunately some of the other flyers had some first aid training and EMS was there within 5 minutes. He spent 7 hrs in surgery getting the thumb attached but lost the index finger.
Jay Marshall