[NSRCA-discussion] SYMPHONY

Gray E Fowler gfowler at raytheon.com
Wed May 7 14:00:23 AKDT 2008

Dwayne

Send me your address and I will send out some light weight carbon fiber
for your repairs. Send me photos of the damage so perhaps I can tell you
best how to repair.  I need to see what it is that you call stress
cracks...usually composite are good, or bad, that is not broken or broken.

Send to:

 aeroslave at tx.rr.com

I could tell you how to fix your engine problem, but that would start a
email flamefest brand war....all those YS'ers  lurking to pounce.....just
joking everyone....I going electric!!!!!!

Gray Fowler
Senior Principal Chemical Engineer
Radomes and Specialty Apertures
Technical Staff Composites Engineering
Raytheon

"Dwayne Brown" <dwaynenancy at suddenlink.net>
Sent by: nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org
05/07/2008 04:49 PM
Please respond to
General pattern discussion <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org>

"'General pattern discussion'" <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org>
cc

Subject
[NSRCA-discussion] SYMPHONY

Greg, I flew a Symphony this past weekend in Phoenix.  It belonged to
Ralph DePalma but it now belongs to me.  On my 3rd flight the engine died,
injector came out, and upon landing in the Arizona desert there was some
damage.  I have the fuselage which has some stress cracks and one hole in
the bottom. I am going to start repair work tomorrow.  Ralph took the
wings.  It was his engine but I was the pilot in command which resulted in
this split of the repairs.  It now has my YS 1.60 mounted and we’ll start
over.  Great flying airplane.  It was the first pattern airplane for me to
fly in about 25 years.  I never flew the turnaround pattern airplanes.
Anyway, back to the repair shop.

NSRCA-discussion mailing list
NSRCA-discussion at lists.nsrca.org