[NSRCA-discussion] Embarrassing Programming Problem

Troy Newman troy at troynewman.net
Mon May 5 23:08:29 AKDT 2008

Ron,

I do have some helpful info regarding your trim change with elevator
dual rate. If its not program related....it could be a well worn
elevator gimbal pot.

Tony Stillman can probably speak to this better than...However I did
have it happen many times to me when I was flying my 9Z radios. Radio
South did the fix for me about every 2 years or so. Tony told me the pot
had slipped or was worn...and the "centering" on the sticks was off.
This is why the elevator trim changed with a dual rate flip even though
not conditions or funny trim stuff was happening.

By the way it always happened to the elevator on my radios. I had (2)
9ZAP's and both of them had this problem at various times. I think I
ended up getting the two radios fixed about 2-3 times each...So to me
that was pretty common. Then again I fly too much and wear the stuff
out.

Tony can fix it up in a short order is my guess....or head up to
Pensacola and get Ben to do it for you.

I hope this helps....

I struggled with it and always managed to realize a few days into the
struggle...Oh yea I remember that problem.

Troy Newman