[NSRCA-discussion] True R/C packs

chris moon cjm767driver at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 31 09:25:42 AKDT 2008

Don:

I figure that if I can get even 100 cycles from these, we are talking
$2.20 a flight and I think that is super cheap.  We shall see but I can
see a Dualsky or Axi setup with these as being a viable budget setup
for anyone. I also just got a response from Dan at True R/C about the
cells:

Hi Chris,

yes this batch of 5000mAh 5S and 6S packs is
shorter but thicker.

There should be no change in performance,
but keep me updated if you notice any differences at all.

Best Wishes,

Dan
TrueRC

I hope to fly the new pack this week and should have some feedback on
them

Chris

AtwoodDon at aol.com wrote:

  That is one of the issues with these type packs. You never know
what the configuration is or what cells they may be using when you
re-order.  To give credit where it is due, the 'name brand' packs can
be replicated, you know what you are getting when you order a 'xyz 10s'
configuration. And you can probably order another one 6-12 months from
now and get the same thing.

  Having said that, I too have been experimenting with 'generic'
packs, so far with good luck. My 'generic' 4100 pack has over 50 cycles
on it and going strong. However, it has to reach over a 100 cycles to
reach break even cost with my 'name brand' packs which have well over
200 cycles each and still performing reasonable well. Only time will
tell.

  I know the prices have dropped even more since I bought my
'generic' pack late last summer so that cost ratio has probably shifted
a little since then.

  Don

  In a message dated 3/31/2008 7:13:21 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,