[NSRCA-discussion] Off topic: Scangauge

AtwoodDon at aol.com AtwoodDon at aol.com
Mon Mar 31 07:44:59 AKDT 2008

If you want some addln tips on saving fuel, check out the 'hyper-mile'
sites.  Some of these guys are getting well over 150 mpg with stock hybrids  in
closed course competitions.  Most are reporting over 75 mpg in normal  driving.

Of more interest to me were the reports from people driving pickups and  SUVs
increasing their mpg by 50-75% using some of the techniques.

BTW, 'proper tire inflation' isn't necessarily what the car manufacturer
recommends.  The car manufacturers are as concerned about your ride comfort  as
they are with mpg.  An addition 3-5 psi can have a noticeable/measurable
positive impact on your mpg (and your tire wear).

Don

In a message dated 3/31/2008 8:39:11 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,