[NSRCA-discussion] Interesting

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Sun Mar 30 06:59:50 AKDT 2008

I just saw a show on TV about the windmills in Texas, and they mentioned the blades are composite balsa/fiberglass.

  Bob R.

Steven Maxwell <patternrules at yahoo.com> wrote:
     Nat seen some come though Indy a couple of years ago that was being trucked, 2 separate flat beds, the tail steerable like the old fire ladder trucks, one blade per, routing very important LOL, and yes I was guessing 100 ft. from what I have seen on TV is these things are getting bigger extensionally from the early models.
   Steve Maxwell

Nat Penton <natpenton at centurytel.net> wrote:
          I have never scene a modern wind turbine before, but today a train load came thru ( South Louisiana ) - blades, hubs, housings ?? The blades were singly loaded, LE down, and occupied approx 1 1/2 flatcars in length, 100ft ?

  They may be headed to the Gulf. Sure hope it doesen't hurt the price of oil, LOL.