[NSRCA-discussion] TP1010C upgrade to 2.3A

Rex trexlesh at msn.com
Sat Mar 29 11:19:54 AKDT 2008

John

There are a number of choices out there, the 1010C  being one of them...  This is the system
I have been using for several years and so far, I like it.  It has all the safety features you could
ever want, plus a couple more, including the ability to read individual cell voltages during the
charge.  It's a pretty simple system for me.  I only use them on one size battery, so all I have to
do is plug the batteries on and press one button....  away it goes.

Rex

From: jrm at ne-aero.comTo: nsrca-discussion at lists.f3a.usDate: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 14:19:33 -0400Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] TP1010C upgrade to 2.3A

So is the TP1010C (with or without the 2.3A upgrade) the charger of choice these days for Lipo batteries?

Take care,
John

The upgrade gets you NiCad, NiMH and Pb charging capability.  Not much reason to do it otherwise.

From: trexlesh at msn.comTo: nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.orgDate: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 10:04:08 -0700Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] TP1010C upgrade to 2.3AMan, I must be way behind the times....  I'm still using 2.1, without any problems.I guess I better look at the upgrades.  LOL Rex

To: johnfuqua at embarqmail.com; nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.orgDate: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 09:57:00 -0400From: atwooddon at aol.comSubject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] TP1010C upgrade to 2.3A

What kind of problem.  I am running 2.3a without problems charging 10s, 3s and 2s packs.

Is anybody having problems with 2.3a or is just me.

John

I see that Thunder Power has this new procedure when upgrading firmware, where you must either place a 10 to 15 ohm 5W resistor in series with the + power lead, or use a 9V FC-1 battery, otherwise void the warranty.  It's not clear to me what is special about a FC-1 battery.  From outward appearances, it looks like any other 9V dry cell, but who knows?  It's apparent that they want to limit the current and voltage during programming by using one of these new methods. Anyone know what the deal is here? ThanksEd

Watch “Cause Effect,” a show about real people making a real difference. Learn more.

How well do you know your celebrity gossip? Talk celebrity smackdowns here.