[NSRCA-discussion] FAI Judges for finals at the Nats

krishlan fitzsimmons homeremodeling2003 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 23 11:09:13 AKDT 2008

I had your #2 answer only Derek, otherwise I think it could work. I feel an Fai pilot is just as capable as any other pilot to judge his own class. Also an Fai pilot could be just as objective as and other judge. I only say this as Masters judges could also be a lesser judge for the competition if their team member is flying against a rival. Not saying it happens, but it could. I haven't attended a nats yet, so I don't know how the judging is. Just my opinion, I know you've been there many times Derek. I'm sure I don't have a clue. lol

Derek Koopowitz <derekkoopowitz at gmail.com> wrote:
  I can think of several reasons why not to use semi-final judges...

1. Who says that they are good judges? Just because one can fly a sequence
doesn't mean one is a good judge - seen this many times over.
2. Could be a conflict in certain cases - what happens if one semi-final
pilot feels they should have made the finals instead of some other pilots?
3. Can they truly be objective - all the time?