[NSRCA-discussion] Eclipse wing attachment

J N Hiller jnhiller at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 23 08:34:15 AKDT 2008

I place the 4-40 socket head cap screw near the end of the tube where I add
a hardwood plug to add thread length. As the threads wear and loosen a drop
of CA renews the friction fit. The other thing I do is wrap single strip of
cellophane tape around the tube where it exits the fuselage and enters the
wing root to remove excess clearance, half in the fuselage and half in the
wing. As the tape wares it is replaced and the amount needed needs to be
reduced as the temperature increases in mid summer. Depending on the size
and source I’ve needed from 1/2 to 2 1/2 wraps to snug up the fit. I don’t
like the rattle and the wing panel flopping around even if it’s just a
little bit offends my.
Jim Hiller