[NSRCA-discussion] Li-Mn Batteries

Anthony Romano anthonyr105 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 23 06:56:43 AKDT 2008

Hi Wayne,
 Never touched a LiMn cell but have about 70 flights on some A123's in a Vanquish. LiFe are much more durable than Lipo but are lower voltage and a bit heavier. Most of this is due to the Al case vs the poly bags used with other chemistries. LiFe are also chemically more stable and durable with the ability to be discharged at 30C and charged at 5C. They have a very flat discharge curve and can be drawn completely flat with no damage to the cells for more than 300 cycles.

http://www.a123racing.com

http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/fg28/17411-a123-batteries-dummies.html

 Still in their infancy and need more capacity and less weight. Requires a lot of DIY but great to have more options on the horizon. Learned lot about these on RCgroups and Flying Giants but they still need some more development. Currently they are primarily being used in Dewalt  and B&D cordless tools and the big hope for the E autos of the future.

Anthony