[NSRCA-discussion] Li-Mn Batteries

Wayne Galligan wgalligan at att.net
Sat Mar 22 20:35:49 AKDT 2008

Joe,

Check Bob Pastorello's web page. www.rcaerobats.net  He has done some
extensive testing on these and is having good success with them running one
pack for receiver and ignition on his gassers.  He is running the Spectrum
radio so there has not been much of an issue with interference.  He is
running a 2 cell 2300 mil pack on the 50cc gas stuff.  Like Matt said,
sounds like great stuff and no fire issues with these batts.  They are
slightly heavier then LiPo's but still lighter then NiMh. Bob also claims a
very flat discharge rate at about 6.5 v  therefore he is not even using a
regulator.
They can be quick charged in about 30 min or less with no issues of igniting
like LiPo's or Li-Ion.   I am considering switching over to these when my
NiMh give out.   You can buy the cells at Homie Depot in 2cell packs or
disassemble the larger packs used in drills and make useable packs out of
them. Visit the different links Bob has posted for more info.  Good stuff.

Wayne Galligan