[NSRCA-discussion] Li-Mn Batteries

rcmaster199 at aol.com rcmaster199 at aol.com
Sat Mar 22 19:37:34 AKDT 2008

I wrote an early article for KFactor consumption about 5 years ago discussing some of the virtues of Li-Mn-polymer chemistry. As I recall, Mn is used as the cathode and the research I had read experimented with charging the cells to high voltage per cell, something near 5 volts per. The discharge and charge rates were varied to much greater extremes compared with those we?use today with available chemistry. Also the depth of discharge was varied more than today's available stuff, attempting to observe?the full envelope of capability

?

Five years ago, it was in the lab....today it's in the market. As with all new technology, there will be a period of sorting the good, bad and ugly

?

BUT, I have not used these things and don't have a strategy for near term use.....I only am passing on what I read. Therefore, use caution... go slow

?

MattK