[NSRCA-discussion] triangulation trimming

Lance Van Nostrand patterndude at tx.rr.com
Sun Mar 16 16:56:08 AKDT 2008

Bryan,

The discussion list moves faster than I can try this stuff out.  Too bad I
have to work...

I first only moved my CG forward significantly and have improved overall
tracking.  It was windy Saturday and wind penetration were good.  Bryan's
suggestion was correct on CG movement to make this improvement.  However
with the forward CG (and resultant uptrim)  it pulls to the canopy slightly
on downlines.  At this point I noticed that during inverted flight, rudder
input caused a pull to the belly (plane rose).  This was weird.  I then
raised the incidence 2 turns and it fixed the inverted flight problem but it
seemed to make the canopy pull worse.  Interestingly, KE flight was not
noticeably affected.

The other affect is that inverted 45 downlines drop toward earth faster than
upright 45s (which track nicely).  Before this change, both 45s were fine.

Is this the expectation?

--Lance