[NSRCA-discussion] LiPo balancing

John Konneker jlkonn at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 12 12:58:38 AKDT 2008

I am under the impression that there are a couple different balance charger schemes.  I'm going to guess one is to "balance up".  That is to keep switching to the low cell and kind of leap frog to full charge.  The other would be the discharging type balancers that you simply plug in a fully charged LiPo in and it discharges the high cell down to match the other cell.  Then is there a third type that someone lowers the high cell while charging?  I don't know any of this and am only guessing.  The reason I ask is I have two charges that balance.  One does a really good job and the other not as well.  I guess what I'm saying is I need a lesson in how this stuff works.
Thanks!
JLK