[NSRCA-discussion] YS Questions+more

Koenig, Tom Tom.Koenig at actewagl.com.au
Wed Mar 5 16:24:54 AKST 2008

Hi Troy!

Thanks for the info. I thought you would be toiling away on the next
developmental stage of these engines!!

Hopefully soon, I can find the time to get flying again. I am looking
forward to running this little beast. I am still a little concerned in
keeping it quiet though.

Four blade props? I have some of the 18.1 x 12 two bladers but I just
cant see how I'll shut the thing up with these paint stirrers??

Also-one more question to any of you out there in pattern land.

I have struggled with aileron differential for years. I am just not
happy with the rolls. I have tried various design fixes-but about the
only one that seems to work is to get the wing back to 0-0 ( which can
be achieved by a few ways, design, mix or thumbs) Differential itself
does not seem to work if the wing is POA ( well...it works for half the
roll !)
Another black magic fix appears to be to run parallel ailerons-but this
only 'sorta' seems to fix it. I like the feel of equal% chord ailerons
however.

I am frustrated with it-I like my planes to roll as if they had a string
up its ...........well you know!

OK-any 'secrets' I need to know??? Very good elevator work fixes it (
hence my 0-0 comment)

Tom