[NSRCA-discussion] Hoffman Estates contest

Mark Atwood atwoodm at paragon-inc.com
Sun Jun 29 17:53:50 AKDT 2008

We owe much of the damage free weekend to Frankie for making some firm
decisions as contest director.   A Big Big thanks to him for making the call
both Saturday and Sunday with storms approaching to shut the contest down
with sufficient time to pack up airplanes and get things safely put away
with little time to spare.  Saturday especially had gale force winds come
through that in hind sight, would have done significant damage to a lot of
equipment .  As it was in some cases it took 2 or 3 people to hold planes
down while they were disassembled and put away.

To understand why his ³call² was so important, you have to understand that
when he called the contest for the day on Saturday, we were in the middle of
a round with relatively clear skies and a steady, but flyable wind.  It
would have been easy to try and ignore the radar warnings and try and get a
few more flights in.  Had he waited until the winds arrived...it would have
been WAY too late.

Anyhow, Thanks to ALL of the Chicago crowd for throwing an awesome, very
well run event.  I believe that Micky and Frankie were the official CD¹s of
the event, but I could be mistaken as all of the local guys work hard to
make this event fun. So thanks Frankie, Mickey, Doc, Mike M, Bobby, Robbie,
Dave and John Snow, and any others that I might have missed.  A Special
Thanks to Bill & Joann Gregg for their hospitality in throwing a great
Saturday night party!!!!

-Mark