[NSRCA-discussion] OS 91FX or 120 AX for Focus sport

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Thu Jun 26 16:51:24 AKDT 2008

Jason,

The reason I ask, I have the 120AX in a Venus II and with the stock muffler I have a fuel draw problem. The tank is all the way against the back of the firewall. If I adjust the mixture for max rpm with the nose pointed up, it is blubbering rich in level flight. I was going to experiment with adding more restriction at the exhaust outlet, but just stuck it on the rack and have not touched it.

A couple of guys have that engine with the Jerry Smith style mousse can mufflers, and they work great. They have much more back pressure but turn up more rpms. The extra muffler pressure helps with the fuel draw.

Bob R