[NSRCA-discussion] OS 91FX or 120 AX for Focus sport

John Pavlick jpavlick at idseng.com
Thu Jun 26 12:37:10 AKDT 2008

Stock muffler works fine with a 14x8 prop on a Venus 2. RPM is in the 8-9K range on 15%. I'm about to try an Aeroslave pipe. That should give me a few more prop choices as well as some added grunt. We'll see. This is a nice motor. Quiet and VERY easy to handle. I haven't touched either needle since it broke in.

  John Pavlick

Bob Richards <bob at toprudder.com> wrote:
            What are you guys using for muffler/pipe on the 120AX?

  What you say makes sense if you look at ALL the numbers. The 2.8hp of the .91 is at 15k rpm, while the 1.20 is 3.1hp @ 9k rpm.  The hp of the .91 will probably be much less at a pattern useable rpm, while the rated rpm of the 1.20 is very close to a useable rpm figure.

  Bob R