[NSRCA-discussion] OS 91FX or 120 AX for Focus sport

J N Hiller jnhiller at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 26 11:02:40 AKDT 2008

I recommend the 1.20 AX. It will turn a bigger prop, which offers a more
efficient HP - Thrust conversion. I am flying advanced with a 9+lb airplane
powered with the 1.20 AX and a 16-10 APC. I am getting away with the 16-10
but I feel I am pushing the upper limit. It would probably be more
comfortable with a 15-10 or 16-8. It is probably more power than needed in
lower classes but throttle management is one of the things we need to learn
and the sooner the better, besides the extra power will be most welcome in
adverse weather conditions.
Jim Hiller