[NSRCA-discussion] YS 170DZ questions

Paul LaChance plachance at cox.net
Mon Jun 23 17:06:40 AKDT 2008

Hi all,

I tried to fly my new plane today and had engine problems.  I test ran the
engine on a stand and it ran great.  Today in the plane it seemed to be
running fine and then died at half throttle.  Landed safely and restarted.
Seemed fine and let it run at full throttle for close to a minute and it
just died suddenly again.  Still no signs of a problem and started right up
again.  It kep doing this and did not do it on the stand.  The engine did
not seem hot and no air bubbles were detected.  The high speed needle is set
at about 3 turns out and seems like it is lean if I turn it in anymore than
that.  Lots of smoke and seems to be running cool.  The I got that sorted
and it dies if brought back to idle quickly.  Does anyone have any advice
for me?  Need to get some good flights in or I may not make it to the NATS.
Thanks in advance.

Paul