[NSRCA-discussion] battery question

chris moon cjm767driver at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 30 08:48:10 AKDT 2008

I think matched is only as good as the quality of the cells
themselves.  You can have a pack with matched inferior cells.  They are
all equally bad but still matched.  That said, every pack that I have
seen has cells that age differently over time and no matter how matched
the cells are to start with, they all degrade differently and are soon
no longer matched.  This applies to packs that are being discharged at
high rates like out pattern packs.  Cells that are treated lightly like
our 2S lipo packs used for the receivers seem to stay in balance quite
well over time.

Chris

Michael Ramsey wrote:

  Message

  A related question: Is it true that the cells
are "matched" in a pack? If so, what advantage would that have?

  Thanks, Michael Ramsey