[NSRCA-discussion] Warning!

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Sat Jul 19 16:26:47 AKDT 2008

"Bad Air"???  Ok, who farted?

Bob R

--- On Sat, 7/19/08, John Ferrell <johnferrell at earthlink.net> wrote:

In reading the current Nats News I discovered support for my long standing suspicion of the cause of many RC mishaps.

In the RC Pylon section I read that there have been disasters not only due to mid-air collisions but also to an anomaly known as "bad air". In the many years I have served at Muncie I have personally witnessed this condition. In the past we have attributed the malfunction to "dumb thumbs". With this information provided in the Nats News we are granted a good deal more sympathy.

Looking a bit further into this mystery I can personally testify that "bad air" has cost me several aircraft in the past in the Carolinas!  In fact, based on this discovery I am in favor of a retroactive declaration that "dumb thumbs" do not exist and that previous losses attributed to "dumb thumbs" be re-evaluated as "bad air"!

John Ferrell    W8CCW

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -- Edmund Burke
http://DixieNC.US