[NSRCA-discussion] Malware

Tom Simes simestd at netexpress.com
Wed Jul 16 20:13:04 AKDT 2008

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 20:53:32 -0300
"Dave Smith" <davidsmith at ns.sympatico.ca> wrote:

> My virus blocker has informed me of four  "txt" attachments in mail
> received through the NSRCA List.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this.?   They were blocked and removed.

I'll be the first to say it's not 100% foolproof, but the list server
does scan messages on both ingress and egress using ClamAV - and it
checks for database updates every two hours.  If ClamAV detects a virus,
the message is discarded as opposed to being "neutered".

http://www.clamav.net/

Tom

   "Z-80 system stack overflow.  Shut 'er down Scotty, the system's

Tom Simes                                       simestd at netexpress.com