[NSRCA-discussion] Incidence Meter

J N Hiller jnhiller at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 10 08:50:04 AKDT 2008

To be honest, NO!
The airplane was well setup and flight trimmed using the old tools and
exceeds my ability in either calm or windy conditions. I also checked
aileron deflection and found 3 or 4 tenths of a degree difference in travel.
I will revisit this on a calm day when the airplane isn't bouncing around.
I am using the flaperon mix in my 9C and any change in travel (end point)
requires setting with a reasonably accurate gauge of some kind to insure
equal travel on both ailerons. While trying to evaluate the need for
differential travel last fall I found that simply changing each end-point an
equal percentage didn't result in equal deflection changes, probably due to
linkage differences. Again I may not really notice any difference while
flying other than maybe a small reduction in "fixing" requirement. It's busy
up there and as with judging you can't dell on it and need to continue to
move through the sequence, but you all already know this.
 Jim Hiller