[NSRCA-discussion] Correct Geometry on N

mjfrederick at cox.net mjfrederick at cox.net
Tue Jul 8 09:59:53 AKDT 2008

I'm glad someone finally pointed that out... Ken is exactly correct in the point that the only way to see the square would be to extend the lines until they intersect. I think if a judge is concentrating too much on that aspect, they're going to miss a lot more. Focus on the elements: are the verticals equal length w/ same entry/exit altitudes, are the radii all equal, are the diagonals 45 degrees w/ equal lengths, are the rolls centered on the 45's? Answering yes to all these questions would result in being able to superimpose a square loop over the hourglass, but I don't think that should be a litmus test as to what score will be given.

Matt