[NSRCA-discussion] Snap Roll

Ron Neeedham ron at inweldcorp.com
Sat Jul 5 17:20:53 AKDT 2008

I have always tried to snap my Oxalys 50 using elevator and then rudder
and ailerons.  The results have been poor.  It kind of looks like a
minature barrel roll.  However, after thinking about needing to stall
half of the wing, I went out today and applied up elevator followed
quickly by full rudder, no ailerons.  WOW! What a snap!  It does what I
am sure is a snap roll.  It all happens in about a third of a second.  I
tried it first at very slow speed and then worked up to about half
throttle or my normal pattern speed and it worked beautifully every
time.  Let go of the controls and it stops immediately.  They were so
cool, I couldn't stop doing them.

Ron Needham