[NSRCA-discussion] Mailing list etiquette reminder

rcmaster199 at aol.com rcmaster199 at aol.com
Sat Jul 5 14:22:39 AKDT 2008

IT WASN'T SOMEONE.....IT WAS ME.

YOU KNOW WHO I AM

MATT K

-----Original Message-----
From: Woodward, Jim (US SSA) <jim.woodward at baesystems.com>
To: General pattern discussion <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org>
Sent: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 8:23 pm
Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] Mailing list etiquette reminder

Guys,

One of the things about the internet is that facial expressions or
tones of voice do not make it across.  I am just checking email from
home and do not see the D3 VP messages, except for Bryan's which was
copied to my individual email address.  So, I am going to try and
synthesize some notes based on phone calls I received.

As to any agenda - you are right - I have one:  It is to improve the
District.  Voluntarily dragging my own name into such heated issues,
giving amunition to national-smear-campaigns & other derogatory talk,
is "clearly" not a course of action that leads to beating anyone or
achieving really nice scores, so please drop this simpeton-conspiracy
that "everything" thing I've said is just to beat Jason.

>From what I was told, and from reading Bryan's note, there is in fact
some constructive points I can personally take away from this and use
to better myself.  Thank you for that.  Anyone that knows me, knows
that I look "in" before "out."

For as much as I can take away from this, it is also worth pointing out
that when you bring up issues like: transparency, fairness, bias - some
people react as if holy-water had been thrown on a vampire.  Those
issues were also brought up in some letters sent regarding this
appointment.  Therefore, if you read the letters, please be
intellectually honest and recognize that a few others felt that same
way, and no longer promote the idea that I am the only one.  These
feelings span from north to south, east to west, plane to plane, group
to group.

Someone mentioned my note read as a threat (regarding people spending
their time other ways)????  I can't even respond to that.

Respectfully,
Jim W.