[NSRCA-discussion] Servo question

Ed Alt ed_alt at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 5 13:23:11 AKDT 2008

Chris:
Any chance that you didn't disable the lever/knob/switch associated with the aux channel that you mix the elevator into for the 2nd elevator servo?

Ed

From: cjm767driver at hotmail.comTo: nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.orgDate: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 12:47:55 -0500Subject: [NSRCA-discussion] Servo question

Ok, here is a brain teaser for you experts.On Sunday 2 weeks ago I went out flying maybe 4-5 flights. All was fine. When I got to the flying site on Friday for the Lake City contest, I made a practice flight and the plane was climbing like mad. I got it down and found that 1 of the elevator halves was about 3/8" up from the other. Before the flight, I checked the operation of the elevators and they were moving correctly but I don't remember specifically if I paid any attention to if they were centered perfectly. Now, nothing was changed between the the last time I flew and this flight. The transmitter was on the right model. The linkage had not slipped, nor had the control horn bent. The control surface showed no sign of trauma from a severe bump possibly causing a stripped gear. The servo (JR 3421sa) was functioning 100% normally it was just the center had changed on it's own. I removed the servo arm (alum - not stripped either) and moved it one spline and adjusted the sub trim slightly and flew a few test flights and the contest with no problems. Now at home, I removed the servo to send it back and inspected it and found nothing abnormal. The gears all look fine. Here is what I have eliminated:servo arm - not strippedservo gears - not strippedpushrod and linkage - no play and not slipped on the clevis threadstransmitter - correct model selected and could not be elevator pot in transmitter since it did not affect the other elevator servo's centeringI am sending it back for a check up but just was wondering if anyone has had any similar experience ever or if they have any possible causes.ThanksChris

Making the world a better place one message at a time. Check out the i'm Talkathon.