[NSRCA-discussion] YS help

Budd Engineering jerry at buddengineering.com
Fri Jul 4 18:29:14 AKDT 2008

Hey Ron - You had it easy.

I had one where I had to cut the bearing off with a Dremel tool.  At
first I thought I could split it with a single cut and then wedge a
flat bladed screwdriver into the gap and twist it to open the bearing
up and get it free fron the crankshaft.  Wrong!  I wound up having to
cut both sides of the bearing free (180 degrees apart) before it
finally came off.  Only took 2 hours!

For those who have to resort to this, be very careful cutting through
the last bit of the bearing, it's really easy to cut into the
crankshaft without realizing it (don't ask me how I know this!).

Jerry

Budd Engineering
jerry at buddengineering.com
http://www.buddengineering.com