[NSRCA-discussion] YS help

DoWayne Gould iflyrc24 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 15:27:22 AKDT 2008

I think what you need and what I use is a bearing splitter. I have a small
one that I use to remove drive washers and bearings like this. It is two
wedge shaped halves that are tightened behind the bearing. The splitter has
threaded holes for a puller or you can lay the halves across a vise and use
a hammer press to remove the bearing or in a more civilized shop you would
use a press to push the crank thru the bearing.
Dowayne